GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Goodbye June


It's just a hop, skip and a jump until July 4th! I love this holiday!
Summer is here officially now and that means: BBQ's, ice cream, being at the lake with family... and friends.
It also means it's time to clean up the boat and get it "sea worthy" so-to-speak. When you have an older boat (or even a new boat for that matter) it is always important to make sure that it is going to be problem free once it's in the water! Don't ask me how I learned that one. Hehe.
(Please note: I help with the cleaning, the hubs does the rest).
So I have my office decorations up and I got a package from my swap partner for the "Very Vintage 4th of July" swap that Foxgloves, Fabric & Folly hosted. Thank you Michelle! I especially love the Barn Banner! I have everything here for my first picnic of the summer.

I did manage to put the binding on the little wall hanging I showed you yesterday and I also finished a binding on another quilt... I showed you it last week. I had to stop in the middle of doing it to get the binding on that shop sample.
I will have to take a photo of my Dresden's. I am making progress with those. I just have to put them on the background now. I am so excited about those blocks... they are just so cute and easy to make. I am trying to get those things finished up before I start sharing my sewing room with Jillian. We can make such a mess when we are having fun in there. Jill and I like making summer bags together. I have been trying to get to the new purse pattern by Pam Kitty Morning, so that one is now first on my list.
I
I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of the buck in my yard this morning, so here is a Bambi photo my friend took in her yard. Aaahhh!


Posted by Picasa

3 friends stopped by to chat:

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Happy Summer and love you vintage stuff!

Sherri said...

I love the 4th of July too...I used to spend a lot of time on Lake Mead when I was younger...so I know about all the work involved with a boat! Have a great 4th!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Enjoy the holiday!